The Student Room Group

Improving OCR Biology A-level grades - help please

Hi, I’m currently studying biology in year 12 and l recently got back my biology predictions mocks grade. I was aiming for atleast an A and I thought I didn’t do too bad but I ended up with a grade C.

This time, I revised all the content and did every single past paper from 2015 for ocr a biology, and went through my mistakes and put them in flash cards to actively recall. And I wouldn’t know where I went wrong in the mocks because my school will not give them back to us. I’m still confused as to what went wrong this time.

Could someone give me tips to improve my grade soon to get a grade A/A* in July please?
Reply 1
Original post by Eśtudent
Hi, I’m currently studying biology in year 12 and l recently got back my biology predictions mocks grade. I was aiming for atleast an A and I thought I didn’t do too bad but I ended up with a grade C.
This time, I revised all the content and did every single past paper from 2015 for ocr a biology, and went through my mistakes and put them in flash cards to actively recall. And I wouldn’t know where I went wrong in the mocks because my school will not give them back to us. I’m still confused as to what went wrong this time.
Could someone give me tips to improve my grade soon to get a grade A/A* in July please?

Hello seems like you're doing everything right to me, but one thing I'd say you need to pay attention to is the key words you might need to mention in an answer to get the mark. Biology mark schemes tend to be really harsh with what marks they award so try to see a pattern in the key words for each topic and see how you can improve your answers. Also since you've already done a lot of past papers I think you need to look through your mock and see where you dropped the marks.
Reply 2
Original post by myrz88
Hello seems like you're doing everything right to me, but one thing I'd say you need to pay attention to is the key words you might need to mention in an answer to get the mark. Biology mark schemes tend to be really harsh with what marks they award so try to see a pattern in the key words for each topic and see how you can improve your answers. Also since you've already done a lot of past papers I think you need to look through your mock and see where you dropped the marks.

Hi, thank you for your advice, I will make sure to try and find the pattern in key words next time!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending