The Student Room Group

Exeter vs KCL vs Sheffield vs Lancaster uni

I’m in year 12 and I’m currently preparing my university shortlist. As of now these are the 4 universities I want to apply for (as well as a safe 5th option) and I’d be interested to hear peoples thoughts and experiences with these universities as well as which you think is best. They’re all quite different and so are difficult to compare.

For further context, I intend on applying to the geography BA at each and would like to do a study abroad year in the US, something that each of them offer

All responses are appreciated :smile:
Original post by E7han
I’m in year 12 and I’m currently preparing my university shortlist. As of now these are the 4 universities I want to apply for (as well as a safe 5th option) and I’d be interested to hear peoples thoughts and experiences with these universities as well as which you think is best. They’re all quite different and so are difficult to compare.
For further context, I intend on applying to the geography BA at each and would like to do a study abroad year in the US, something that each of them offer

One factor to consider is the living environment. Massive city, small city or relatively isolated location?
Go to their Open Days - listen to the different subject presentations, look around and ask questions, this is the whole point of Open Days.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Go to their Open Days - listen to the different subject presentations, look around and ask questions, this is the whole point of Open Days.

Got open days booked for 3 of the 4 as well as my safe option. Just tryna get an idea of what other people’s thoughts on these unis are
Original post by E7han

Hey E7han,

I don’t study geography, but if you want to talk about the course with a current student, you can use this link! Anecdotally, my friend is a geography student and she loves it, but I’d definitely recommend talking to a current student.

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/life/ask-a-student

I’ve just come back from my year abroad, and I can quite happily say that Exeter’s support is fantastic. Never once during my planning or my time abroad did I feel unsupported. As many others have said, if you can, go to an open day. I imagine there will be someone you can talk to about the year abroad so you can get more information and see the links that Exeter has with foreign companies/universities.

In terms of Exeter as a place, it’s certainly a smaller city but I wouldn’t let it put you off. We have a wealth of eateries, bars, shops and green spaces to enjoy, and there’s always something to do. We also have loads of different societies ranging from sports to volunteering, and they’re a great way to meet new people and discover new interests! If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

All the best,

Jen,

University of Exeter student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending