Could someone give me some practice chemistry questions? Watch

This discussion is closed.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
have the burette perpendicular to something level. you don't have to start at 0, an exact value is better than a botched 0, ie, 0.35... rinse comical ()flask between titrations. add dropwise at the end. know what your endpoint looks like.
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
have the burette perpendicular to something level. you don't have to start at 0, an exact value is better than a botched 0, ie, 0.35... rinse comical ()flask between titrations. add dropwise at the end. know what your endpoint looks like.
do most edexcel titration use methyl orange as an indicator?
I think I might need to print off a list of indicators and their colout changes.
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Widowmaker)
do most edexcel titration use methyl orange as an indicator?
I think I might need to print off a list of indicators and their colout changes.
would you advise adding the indicator to the conical flask before titrating or once a bit of solution from the burette has been added. It's just that I remember a few titrations where I added the indicator near the end and then added drops from the burette.
oxymoron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
would you advise adding the indicator to the conical flask before titrating or once a bit of solution from the burette has been added. It's just that I remember a few titrations where I added the indicator near the end and then added drops from the burette.
Depends on the indicator. Most are fine to add at the start but you are probably thinking of starch which you add near to the endpoint (ie when the solution has gone "straw yellow") and then wait for the blue-black colour to disappear.
TakemetoAvalon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Please don't steal my avatar.
Can anyone give me any other practice questions?
ask me questions about safety, titrations and precautions to be taken, and identifying salts (edexcel) mainly groups 1,2 and 7.
It's not like you made it!

Anyway, I have an evangelion one now, as well as yours saved on my HD
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.41%
No (138)
74.59%

Watched Threads