The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
have the burette perpendicular to something level. you don't have to start at 0, an exact value is better than a botched 0, ie, 0.35... rinse comical (:wink:)flask between titrations. add dropwise at the end. know what your endpoint looks like.
El Stevo
have the burette perpendicular to something level. you don't have to start at 0, an exact value is better than a botched 0, ie, 0.35... rinse comical (:wink:)flask between titrations. add dropwise at the end. know what your endpoint looks like.

do most edexcel titration use methyl orange as an indicator?
I think I might need to print off a list of indicators and their colout changes.
Widowmaker
do most edexcel titration use methyl orange as an indicator?
I think I might need to print off a list of indicators and their colout changes.

would you advise adding the indicator to the conical flask before titrating or once a bit of solution from the burette has been added. It's just that I remember a few titrations where I added the indicator near the end and then added drops from the burette.
Reply 23
Widowmaker
would you advise adding the indicator to the conical flask before titrating or once a bit of solution from the burette has been added. It's just that I remember a few titrations where I added the indicator near the end and then added drops from the burette.

Depends on the indicator. Most are fine to add at the start but you are probably thinking of starch which you add near to the endpoint (ie when the solution has gone "straw yellow") and then wait for the blue-black colour to disappear.
Widowmaker
Please don't steal my avatar.
Can anyone give me any other practice questions?
ask me questions about safety, titrations and precautions to be taken, and identifying salts (edexcel) mainly groups 1,2 and 7.

It's not like you made it!

Anyway, I have an evangelion one now, as well as yours saved on my HD :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending