The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 1 (8182/1) - 15th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 1 exam go?

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 15th May 2024 - Afternoon
Length: 1 hour 45 mins

(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im so cooked
Reply 2
i have history as well... gonna have to sacrifice it icl
Reply 3
Original post by holly1377
i have history as well... gonna have to sacrifice it icl

same lmao, need to take the weekend to learn all of paper 2 to scrape a 7
did not cook.
Original post by zaraou12178
did not cook.

Fr sacrificed that shi for history probs gettin a 5 6 if I’m luck y
That penfield question was HORRID
Reply 7
Bro wtf was that penfield question, I swear that's paper 2, since when can a question be from the whole course? And why a 9 marker!?
Original post by viščiukas
That penfield question was HORRID

tbf it just involved penfield, i don't think you had to describe his study and it gave you all you needed to know, you needed to talk about the thalamus and cerebellum and what each component of the brain does as well as criticise the method that you were given in the question
Original post by NaThing
Bro wtf was that penfield question, I swear that's paper 2, since when can a question be from the whole course? And why a 9 marker!?

its a cross-spec/synoptic question so it requires your knowledge from the full course. i think its normally used to distinguish a grade 8 from a grade 9 (at least thats what my teacher said)
Reply 10
Original post by NaThing

it was a synoptic q and normally its only evaluating research methods in a p1 but ig this year they were feeling extra cruel
Reply 11
Original post by falloutworm
its a cross-spec/synoptic question so it requires your knowledge from the full course. i think its normally used to distinguish a grade 8 from a grade 9 (at least thats what my teacher said)

I've literally never been told about that or seen in on past papers, there goes my grade 9
Could u have talked ab ethics. And also isn't it a bit silly like how do u open up a baby's brain whilst it's still in the womb
Original post by NaThing
I've literally never been told about that or seen in on past papers, there goes my grade 9

it wasnt supposed to be in p1 thats why uve never heard of it. icl i think ull still get a 9 if u bang out paper 2 cause theyll lower grade boundaries cos of the weird p1 this year ( synoptic q in p1, no named studies coming up, a **** ton of 6 markers)
Teachers were saying that they haven't gone In so much detail of brain development as its not on the spec so it's quite unfair as a question
Original post by sammiek2
im so cooked

honestly same what did you guys write for some of the questions
Original post by Talkative Toad

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.
General Information
Date/Time: 15th May 2024 - Afternoon
Length: 1 hour 45 mins

Hi

Did anyone get the primrose kitten psychology paper 1 predicted paper and did it help and sas it similar to the real thing ?

Good luck for paper 2
Original post by viščiukas
Teachers were saying that they haven't gone In so much detail of brain development as its not on the spec so it's quite unfair as a question

no bc my teacher skipped the whole topic and when i asked why she said cus its common sense just use your brain and neuro knowledge. my schools so crap at psychology theres only 1 teacher
Original post by zaraou12178
no bc my teacher skipped the whole topic and when i asked why she said cus its common sense just use your brain and neuro knowledge. my schools so crap at psychology theres only 1 teacher

that is so unfair
Original post by jewelstone55
Hi
Did anyone get the primrose kitten psychology paper 1 predicted paper and did it help and sas it similar to the real thing ?
Good luck for paper 2

I bought her prediction for paper 2 of psychology - after sitting it today I can confirm that in fact, basically none of the predictions were correct lol... 😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending