The Student Room Group

Should I repeat 2nd year?

Hello
I'm studying B.Arch in 2nd year and just finished my exams. My 3rd year will start in mid June.
I'm facing lot of problems in my college and due to which I'm having backlogs. Now I have decided to change my college and repeat 2nd year but I'm having lot of confusion. Does repeating a year affect job opportunities or will it affect if I want to do masters in future? Kindly help me.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello
I'm studying B.Arch in 2nd year and just finished my exams. My 3rd year will start in mid June.
I'm facing lot of problems in my college and due to which I'm having backlogs. Now I have decided to change my college and repeat 2nd year but I'm having lot of confusion. Does repeating a year affect job opportunities or will it affect if I want to do masters in future? Kindly help me.

No, repeating a year does not affect job opportunities or future academic applications. Repeat years are more common than you think!

All is well.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

Hi Anon,

Repeating a year does not affect job opportunities at all! Not everyone follows the traditional sort of timeline while in University and that's okay. As long as you are able to complete your studies comfortably, this will allow you to move forward.

Best wishes,
~ Zaynab
University of Bradford
As others have said, it will not make any difference as you come out with the same qualification 🙂 Best of luck with everything and hope it all goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending