The Student Room Group

Difference between examboards

I'm currently revising for my GCSEs this summer and I find it helpful watching videos to revise. I'm with WJEC and there isn't a lot of good videos to revise for science that relates to this examboard. I've seen good creators like cognito but they are different examboards. Is there a massive difference between the examboard specifications and is it ok for me to watch videos which are based on different examboards?
Reply 1
Original post by JakeTheSnake12
I'm currently revising for my GCSEs this summer and I find it helpful watching videos to revise. I'm with WJEC and there isn't a lot of good videos to revise for science that relates to this examboard. I've seen good creators like cognito but they are different examboards. Is there a massive difference between the examboard specifications and is it ok for me to watch videos which are based on different examboards?

Go to the exam board website and download the specification. Cross check it with other exam boards if they cover the same topics you can use all the resources for that exam board (notes, past papers, videos). Also for GCSE's the marks schemes and content are quite similar between exam boards. Hope this helped.

Quick Reply