The Student Room Group

What GCSE grades do I need for dentistry?

I wanted to know what would be a good set of gcse grades which would make me a strong candidate when applying. I know a levels, ucat and other things are taken more into consideration but a lot of unis also look at GCSEs

I’m more specifically asking about UoB. They have minimum requirements (8s in bio and chem) but was wondering realistically what’s a good set of grades which would make them take my application seriously

Would something like all 8s and 9s with a couple of 7s be good enough (9s in stem subjects)? Or would it have to be all 8s and 9s realistically?
Hi so same here iam trying to get into dentistry so my tutor talked with some universitys and they said i can gave GCSE biology grade 5 with level 3 medicine or three subjects which’s the access course equivalent to A LEVEL. Then i need at least over 6 for English and maths GCSE after all that i can get into foundation year then starting hopefully so i have started this path now doing GCSE biology and English next year the level 3 and maths GCSE .
Original post by Skalamirza
Hi so same here iam trying to get into dentistry so my tutor talked with some universitys and they said i can gave GCSE biology grade 5 with level 3 medicine or three subjects which’s the access course equivalent to A LEVEL. Then i need at least over 6 for English and maths GCSE after all that i can get into foundation year then starting hopefully so i have started this path now doing GCSE biology and English next year the level 3 and maths GCSE .

Imma be honest, I don’t think anyone is getting into dentistry with 5s and 6s
Original post by Dentipreneur
Imma be honest, I don’t think anyone is getting into dentistry with 5s and 6s

Well for biology Manchester university said they will accept it but for maths and English i need higher grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending