The Student Room Group

im SO confused about ocr history A

okay so i do ocr gcse history a and its tomorrow but i'm so confused about the timing. so, for international relations, there's two different types of past papers that i can see. one that has the international relations on its own, and one that has it combined with germany. the one that is combined with germany is only shown in the 2019 and 2020 papers, but it is in the time period of 1918-2001, but we do it from 1918-1975. but, the one that has germany as one paper and int relations as another has the right time range, but no second 20 marker, it has a 10 mark question instead. so im really confused and stressed because i don't know which one is right. plus, the time is different for both- the 2019 and 2020 papers are 1 hour 45 minutes for both together, but the 2021 and 2022 papers are 1h for germany and 1h 15m international relations, but the amount of marks are different so i'm very confused. could someone please clarify it for me if you can??
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by itsadara
okay so i do ocr gcse history a and its tomorrow but i'm so confused about the timing. so, for international relations, there's two different types of past papers that i can see. one that has the international relations on its own, and one that has it combined with germany. the one that is combined with germany is only shown in the 2019 and 2020 papers, but it is in the time period of 1918-2001, but we do it from 1918-1975. but, the one that has germany as one paper and int relations as another has the right time range, but no second 20 marker, it has a 10 mark question instead. so im really confused and stressed because i don't know which one is right. plus, the time is different for both- the 2019 and 2020 papers are 1 hour 45 minutes for both together, but the 2021 and 2022 papers are 1h for germany and 1h 15m international relations, but the amount of marks are different so i'm very confused. could someone please clarify it for me if you can??

Could it be that these are the adapted papers due to the impact of the covid-19 pandemic? Several changes were made to exams in 2021 and 2022 to account for missed curriculum time - history was one of the subjects where the changes were fairly significant.

Have you checked with your teacher exactly how many questions and where you need to answer?
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Could it be that these are the adapted papers due to the impact of the covid-19 pandemic? Several changes were made to exams in 2021 and 2022 to account for missed curriculum time - history was one of the subjects where the changes were fairly significant.
Have you checked with your teacher exactly how many questions and where you need to answer?

the covid point makes so much sense! i emailed my teacher yes, and i'm just waiting for a response- just so everything can be clarified because i did have a bit of a panic moment. now i'll probably continue with the revision i was doing because it does seem like that would be a good reason for the papers to change. thank you for responding i probably would have been stressed out of my mind if not : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending