The Student Room Group

How did everyone find Classical Civilisation Paper 1

I keep seeing everyone say that the Aeneid 30 marker was great but I found it so horrible.
Im starting doubt my answer as everyone seems to have argued that that the epic does revolve around women but I said that fate and Augustus are more prominent. I completely panicked and blanked in the exam
Reply 1
Original post by 333anon
I keep seeing everyone say that the Aeneid 30 marker was great but I found it so horrible.
Im starting doubt my answer as everyone seems to have argued that that the epic does revolve around women but I said that fate and Augustus are more prominent. I completely panicked and blanked in the exam

I think I kinda did it wrong as well... I didn't argue anything other than women I just weighed up how important each woman was and didn't offer a proper counter argument
Original post by cinmnsoul
I think I kinda did it wrong as well... I didn't argue anything other than women I just weighed up how important each woman was and didn't offer a proper counter argument
I did the exact same thing 🥲
Reply 3
Original post by cinmnsoul

i said that of course women contribute to the story but the story doesnt revolve around them. Their actions seem to always effect Aeneas either positively or negatively
Hope someone mentioned Helen being the cause of the war...!

Quick Reply