The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Friends

Anyone starting in 2024 at Bournemouth university hmu I wanna make friends 🙏
Hello Jamie,

It's great to hear that you want to start making friends with other students before you join us in September! A fantastic way to do this is through our BU Unibuddy Community. If you have an offer from BU then you should have been sent an invite to Unibuddy already, but let me know if you would like the email resent. On Unibuddy you can chat with other BU offer holders, and find other people who will be studying on the same course or living in the same accommodation.

I hope this is useful, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,

Owen - BU Official Rep
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by BU Official Rep
Hello Jamie,
It's great to hear that you want to start making friends with other students before you join us in September! A fantastic way to do this is through our BU Unibuddy Community. If you have an offer from BU then you should have been sent an invite to Unibuddy already, but let me know if you would like the email resent. On Unibuddy you can chat with other BU offer holders, and find other people who will be studying on the same course or living in the same accommodation.
I hope this is useful, but let me know if you have any other questions.
Best wishes,
Owen - BU Official Rep

Hi there, I have an offer from BU and have not received an email inviting me to the UniBuddy community ?
Original post by amrit.cepponyte
Hi there, I have an offer from BU and have not received an email inviting me to the UniBuddy community ?

Hi @amrit.cepponyte - sorry to hear you haven't received your invite yet! Sometimes they do end up in spam/junk folders so it's worth checking there. If not, just pop us an email on [email protected] and we can get this sorted for you :smile:
Isla - BU Official Rep
Original post by Jamie.f141
Anyone starting in 2024 at Bournemouth university hmu I wanna make friends 🙏

Hey Jamie.f141,

My name is Will, I'm a Media Production Student at BU.
Great to hear you're coming to Bournemouth in September, you are going to have an amazing time.
I know my colleagues have mentioned the Unibuddy communities, but I thought I'd chime in and mention a couple of ways you are able to meet new people when you start your studies.

Clubs & Societies via SUBU (Student's Union Bournemouth University)

The Student's Union (SUBU) is a fantastic organisation, they are there to ensure you as a student have everything you need to succeed and have fun while at University. They operate and fund various clubs and societies which you can get involved in, everything from Ballroom & Latin Dance, to Airsoft, Film & even Quidditch!! They even operate Nerve Media which is a student media outlet containing Radio, TV, Photography, News & Sport. I am part of Nerve Radio and I have met soooo many people via the station. https://www.subu.org.uk/involved/clubs_societies/

Student Ambassador

The Student Ambassador programme is a paid role where you support various events across the University from Open Days to Graduation, sometimes even going to schools to run workshops and producing content for our social media's. You are capped at a certain number of hours a week though to keep time for your studies, but it is so much fun and I really enjoy doing that. My 3rd year flatmate is somebody I met through this!

I hope this helps
Feel free to reach out on here or via Unibuddy
Will - BU Student Rep

Quick Reply