The Student Room Group

Errors in Gcse English lit

I recently did my gsce English Lit paper 1 and I have just realised I talked about why priestly presented a character that way in a Christmas Carol. Will I lose marks for this, I mentioned Priestley about 3 times in my Christmas Carol essay (I got it mixed up as Priestley writes An inspector calls and we study that too)
Reply 1
Honesty i think youll be fine. Examiners understand the pressure students are under during exam. For my macbeth essay I kept writing Stevenson instead of Shakespeare and for my jekyll and hyde essay i kept writing macbeth instead of utterson.
Original post by LaurenJ098
I recently did my gsce English Lit paper 1 and I have just realised I talked about why priestly presented a character that way in a Christmas Carol. Will I lose marks for this, I mentioned Priestley about 3 times in my Christmas Carol essay (I got it mixed up as Priestley writes An inspector calls and we study that too)

I think you'll be alright lmao. In one of my mocks, I mentioned in a sentence about how Robert Browning criticises the capitalist state of society. This was a poetry question about My Last Duchess💀 (like you, my mind was focusing a bit too much on An Inspector Calls). And she still gave it full marks so I don't think examiners care that much about little slip ups (my teacher is a GCSE examiner as well)
Reply 3
Original post by azaaaa9000
I think you'll be alright lmao. In one of my mocks, I mentioned in a sentence about how Robert Browning criticises the capitalist state of society. This was a poetry question about My Last Duchess💀 (like you, my mind was focusing a bit too much on An Inspector Calls). And she still gave it full marks so I don't think examiners care that much about little slip ups (my teacher is a GCSE examiner as well)

That gives me a bit of reassurance, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply