The Student Room Group

Help Choosing a uni

Hi, I was accepted to both Manchester and Southampton to do Chemistry. However, I do not live in the UK and therefore do not have as much insight as others. I would like to know which is better in general and then specifically for physical chemistry, materials, fuel and energy. A lot of the information I can find online contradicts each other so an help would be great.
Reply 1
I am first year chemistry student at Southampton the university is very interested environmental concerns there are lots of research in fuel and batteries at Southampton as for general chemistry the courses are incredibly good however the choice is ultimately which environment would suit you best as far as I know Manchester is a city university and Southampton is a campus university with a 15 minute walk from accommodation to the Highfield campus ( where chemistry is located) the chemistry building is pretty new and is accessible
Reply 2
Original post by hm7g23
I am first year chemistry student at Southampton the university is very interested environmental concerns there are lots of research in fuel and batteries at Southampton as for general chemistry the courses are incredibly good however the choice is ultimately which environment would suit you best as far as I know Manchester is a city university and Southampton is a campus university with a 15 minute walk from accommodation to the Highfield campus ( where chemistry is located) the chemistry building is pretty new and is accessible

Feel free to ask any questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending