The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Uni of Bristol

Is it true that social sciences are the weak point of the University of Bristol?
Original post by Anonymous
Is it true that social sciences are the weak point of the University of Bristol?

I am not sure but I have never heard of that reputation before and I've become a bit obsessive with my research on the unis im deliberating between so I feel like I would have if it was a prevalent view , I reckon it also depends on what sort of social science you mean, if you mean psychology for example, I can't imagine a university with such a strong reputation for stem subjects like biology would fall short in a relatively closely related subject like psychology.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I am not sure but I have never heard of that reputation before and I've become a bit obsessive with my research on the unis im deliberating between so I feel like I would have if it was a prevalent view , I reckon it also depends on what sort of social science you mean, if you mean psychology for example, I can't imagine a university with such a strong reputation for stem subjects like biology would fall short in a relatively closely related subject like psychology.
Thanks!
I mainly mean such subjects as political science, int relations and so on
Thanks!
I mainly mean such subjects as political science, int relations and so on

ah ok, sorry those aren't my areas so i'm not too sure but i've definitely never come across anything bad
Reply 4
ah ok, sorry those aren't my areas so i'm not too sure but i've definitely never come across anything bad
Anyway, thank you bro.
Just out of curiosity, what areas are you applying for? And the universities that you analyse so thoroughly
Anyway, thank you bro.
Just out of curiosity, what areas are you applying for? And the universities that you analyse so thoroughly

Biosciences/ Natural sciences , trying to decide between bristol warwick and durham and glasgow is my insurance 🙂 where else are you considering?
Reply 6
Biosciences/ Natural sciences , trying to decide between bristol warwick and durham and glasgow is my insurance 🙂 where else are you considering?
Oh, that sounds interesting. But ofc I don’t know anything about these matters.
Personally, I made a decision about Bristol, paid deposit, applied for accommodation and scholarship.
I know that Bristol is pretty good (top 10). Nonetheless, I recently have heard that social sciences are not a strong point of this uni. Certainly, I should have studied all this thoroughly earlier, but I was very busy in my last year of undergraduate studies. Also there was a lot of information about studying in 🇬🇧 that I had to analyse (I am not from the UK). So, I am not sure that I handled it well)

Quick Reply