The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UNC vs UCL

I am an international student from China and I got offers from both UCL and UNC (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill). For UCL I got into History, Politics and Economics. For UNC, I intended to double major in History and Economics. As far as I could see, there are 60% of chance that I will go to work in the industry of finance and 40% of chance that I want to go into academia to study social and economic history further. Does anyone have any insight into these two schools? Any advice or ideas in general would be much appreciated:smile:)
Among US schools, UNC Chapel Hill is a pretty good school for going into the finance industry - I don't know how UCL is comparatively though.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Jerry C. Thie
I am an international student from China and I got offers from both UCL and UNC (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill). For UCL I got into History, Politics and Economics. For UNC, I intended to double major in History and Economics. As far as I could see, there are 60% of chance that I will go to work in the industry of finance and 40% of chance that I want to go into academia to study social and economic history further. Does anyone have any insight into these two schools? Any advice or ideas in general would be much appreciated:smile:)

UCL is 1 of the 6 target schools for UK financial firms - if you are basing your choice purely on finance recruitment then I'd go for UCL - UNC is good but not as targeted by American firms. (Source - Uncle at Goldman Sachs)
Original post by penguingirl18
Among US schools, UNC Chapel Hill is a pretty good school for going into the finance industry - I don't know how UCL is comparatively though.

Yes I'm sure it is a good one, but it seems that it's not one of the target schools☹️
Original post by Anonymous
UCL is 1 of the 6 target schools for UK financial firms - if you are basing your choice purely on finance recruitment then I'd go for UCL - UNC is good but not as targeted by American firms. (Source - Uncle at Goldman Sachs)
It does sound to me that UCL could provide better job prospects in finance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending