The Student Room Group

Uni help for psychology

I want to do an undergraduate in psychology but I don't know whether to choose KCL, Exeter, Reading or Manchester
Have you managed to visit any of them on campus? I am a psych grad and the key decision for me was assessment methods. I hated exams and timed essay so went for choice which had more essays and presentations 🙂
Original post by Lana Kerlin
I want to do an undergraduate in psychology but I don't know whether to choose KCL, Exeter, Reading or Manchester

Hi @Lana Kerlin,

Hope you're doing well. It would be best to start comparing the courses and seeing what kind of modules they offer, their assessment criteria as @CCCU Official mentioned and whether they are BPS accredited (this is important if you want to be become a psychologist in the future). Then think about what kind of lifestyle you are looking for a student (e.g. do you prefer the city life which KCL or Manchester would offer?). If you're unsure of what you are looking for in terms of the course or student lifestyle, try and make a pros and cons list for each university. This can be a difficult decision so be patient with yourself and seek advice from past/current students at these universities. If you can, I would really recommend going to open days so get a really feel for the university and its campus.

Hope this helps!

Faheema (Psychology Ambassador for Lancaster University)

Quick Reply