The Student Room Group

Special Support Loan

Hi. I have applied for student finance and received email that i have to upload supporting evidence. When i logged in i saw that i have to upload evidence for Special Support Loan. When i done my application i didn’t tick that box but i found out that because my partner is studend and qe have child i am eligible for this. Do you know what evidence i have to provide? Its says Evidence of Study Status. Does it means for him , that he is student?
Original post by DayanaSl
Hi. I have applied for student finance and received email that i have to upload supporting evidence. When i logged in i saw that i have to upload evidence for Special Support Loan. When i done my application i didn’t tick that box but i found out that because my partner is studend and qe have child i am eligible for this. Do you know what evidence i have to provide? Its says Evidence of Study Status. Does it means for him , that he is student?

Hi there,

Are both of you receiving finance from SFE?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Yes
Yes

The evidence we would require is:

Childs Birth Certificate

And one of the following:

All pages of your most recent Tax Credit Award Notice

All pages of your most recent Universal Credit Statement

Child Benefit letter

It can be uploaded online.
Thanks,
Ross
Yes

If you both are receiving finance from us, we will be able to check this when assessing your application. Did you send your child's birth certificate and either a copy of your up to date tax credit letter, child benefit letter or universal credit letter?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Original post by Claire SFE
If you both are receiving finance from us, we will be able to check this when assessing your application. Did you send your child's birth certificate and either a copy of your up to date tax credit letter, child benefit letter or universal credit letter?
Thanks,
Claire

Yes, I uploaded my child passport and child benefit letter, but i still have to upload Evidence of Study status.
Reply 6
Yes, I uploaded my child passport and child benefit letter, but i still have to upload Evidence of Study status.

So , I don’t need to upload something else?
So , I don’t need to upload something else?

We shouldn't need anything else as we will be able to see your partner is also a student if they're getting finance from us also.

The team will review your application and contact you if anything else is needed.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Original post by Claire SFE
We shouldn't need anything else as we will be able to see your partner is also a student if they're getting finance from us also.
The team will review your application and contact you if anything else is needed.
Thanks,
Claire

Thank you very much for the help !
Thank you very much for the help !

You're welcome!
Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending