The Student Room Group

AS AQA physics paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 123e456e
i got 10ms-1 for one and air resistance i got like 6900 or something but i was just randomly multiplying numbers. six marker was amazing though

Yeah i got 10 as well. You just had to read off the graph
Reply 21
Original post by Aakzz
Yeah i got 10 as well. You just had to read off the graph

Yep same here I got ten!!
Reply 22
Original post by Aakzz
How did you find the speed (v₂)
I first found Ph, which is √(912²-762²)=501.1
But i had no idea what to do from there.
For the question asking what would happen to the resistance of the variable resistor if another L₂ was added in parallel, i said that the resistance increases as the total resistance stays the same.
For the MCQ about which interval of the graph showed deceleration, was the answer from 15 to 22.5?
Also, do you recognise any of these answers. I dont know which questions these answers belong to though.
3.754x10^-4
12.996Ω

I think that you 11.84 was for the extension question - if I remember correctly? Because I rounded to 2sf and got 12 metres
Reply 23
Original post by Holmes21
I think that you 11.84 was for the extension question - if I remember correctly? Because I rounded to 2sf and got 12 metres

Yep thats what i remember as well
Reply 24
Original post by Aakzz
How did you find the speed (v₂)
I first found Ph, which is √(912²-762²)=501.1
But i had no idea what to do from there.
For the question asking what would happen to the resistance of the variable resistor if another L₂ was added in parallel, i said that the resistance increases as the total resistance stays the same.
For the MCQ about which interval of the graph showed deceleration, was the answer from 15 to 22.5?
Also, do you recognise any of these answers. I dont know which questions these answers belong to though.
3.754x10^-4
12.996Ω

I have a friend that also said that it decreases I said that it decreases due to thinking that the distribution of p.d would change for some reason, but I think that I was wrong now I think about it and read the question wrong, but I think that I explained enough to pick up 2 marks!
Reply 25
I have a friend that also said that it decreases I said that it decreases due to thinking that the distribution of p.d would change for some reason, but I think that I was wrong now I think about it and read the question wrong, but I think that I explained enough to pick up 2 marks!

I also have some friends that said it decreased too. Its just 50/50 at this point
Reply 26
Original post by Aakzz
I also have some friends that said it decreased too. Its just 50/50 at this point
Yeah no clear right or wrong answer by the looks of it then 😂, oh well it is all good man don’t worry either of us could be right or wrong!
Reply 27

For the electricity 3 marker I said that the total current increases due to the additional branch in the circuit, the p.d remained the same and as R=V/I and I is larger R drops
Reply 28
Original post by JNB_006
For the electricity 3 marker I said that the total current increases due to the additional branch in the circuit, the p.d remained the same and as R=V/I and I is larger R drops

That’s along the lines of what I thought with it all that made the most sense to me
Reply 29
i have my alevel paper soon so if anyone could tell me what the questions were/ what came up etc, it would help alot for to predict what will be on my paper. i would really appreciate it
Reply 30
i have my alevel paper soon so if anyone could tell me what the questions were/ what came up etc, it would help alot for to predict what will be on my paper. i would really appreciate it

suvat, potential divider, particle physics and interactions, stationary waves, F=ma, Newtons Laws, excitation of atoms, youngs modulus
did you guys get any of these:

700N air resistance
20.5m/s for the second speed question for the trailer
6.7V
resistance halfs
max velocity the boy reaches is higher for last question
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply