The Student Room Group

What are some extracurricular activities for product design

Hi, I'm trying to get into a product design university course somewhere and I want to know what kind of extra curricular things I should be doing, take into account I don't currently do a product design a level so I'm trying to get into a foundation course or a course that doesn't have subject specific entry requirements
You could have a go at a brief set as an NEA and create work for portfolio from that. Try different processes. Some unis have set projects you can do if you haven't done a qualification to help you make your portfolio.
Reply 2
Original post by 7KRocks
Hi, I'm trying to get into a product design university course somewhere and I want to know what kind of extra curricular things I should be doing, take into account I don't currently do a product design a level so I'm trying to get into a foundation course or a course that doesn't have subject specific entry requirements

I took product design a level, and honestly follow the advice of the other reply. Try giving an NEA a go, I can message you what it is if you want and what I did. You don't need to take the course to give it a go. I would try get involved in some sort of design anything outside of school, like a club or intern at a design museum. Participate in design competitions etc.

Quick Reply