Accounting and Finance Uni choices ??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lias
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Yesterday I received conditional offers from all University my choices for Accounting and Finance:
University of Leeds, BBB
Loughborough University, BBB
The University of Sheffield, BBB
University of Portsmouth, BCC
Brunel University, BCC
Kingston University, CCD

Now, I need advice on which two universities to choose out of the six.

I am thinking Leeds and Sheffield in terms of reputation and the facilities the Uni's provide. However, I am unsure!!!

Do you think I should consider Loughborough(many people have told me Loughborough is also reputable institution) instead of Leeds?

What do you think two good choices(for A&F) should be?

Thanks
Lias
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If i had the option i would choose:

University of Leeds, BBB
Brunel University, BCC
Kingston University, CCD

The University of Sheffield, / Loughborough BBB - firm
University of Portsmouth, BCC - insurance
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lias)
Yesterday I received conditional offers from all University my choices for Accounting and Finance:
University of Leeds, BBB
Brunel University, BCC
Kingston University, CCD

Now, I need advice on which two universities to choose out of the six.

I am thinking Leeds and Sheffield in terms of reputation and the facilities the Uni's provide. However, I am unsure!!!

Do you think I should consider Loughborough(many people have told me Loughborough is also reputable institution) instead of Leeds?

What do you think two good choices(for A&F) should be?

Thanks
Lias
Loughborough's course is the one that includes a year in Industry isn't it? If that's the one, I'd go for it.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would choose Leeds as firm, and insurance as Brunel.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Firm - well you have a choice of whether you'd prefer a campus uni (Loughborough) or a city university (Sheffield, Leeds). Loughborough has a fantastic reputation and is the highest in the league tables out of those three, and I had it as my insurance when I applied as its a lovely place, although the town is a little small. Leeds is also a really good uni, its the second biggest in the UK (after the Manchester/UMIST merger), however ut doesn't feel that big when you're there (I applied there too and nearly made it my first choice). Both Leeds and Sheffield have much more in terms of nightlife/shopping etc than Loughborough, but it depends on personal preference and where you'd think you'd be happy spending 3/4 years. Out of the insurance choices, I'd be tempted by Portsmouth - but again, its whether you'd like to be in a big city (Kings is in London, Brunel is outskirts of London)or a town, like Portsmouth.
KingsComp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Personally I would choose either Sheffield or Loughborough, as they are probably the two best universities from your list in terms of overall reputation.
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've applied for mainly Economics and Finance degrees myself, and visited both Leeds and Sheffield. So in my opinion, Leeds greatly outwayed Sheffield. Go for LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
v130387
Report 14 years ago
Hey im from L'Boro, (A2 Student), if you had any questions about the place in general
*hedgehog*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would say Loughborough as 1st choice as it has the best reputation. However, i think it is important to choose somewhere you feel you would like to spend 3/4 years.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads