The Student Room Group

ENG LIT - how doomed am i if i didnt write an introduction or a proper last paragrph?

Hello i had an eng lit exam today. i didnt do well on BOTH papers because for the 1st paper, i forgot i had to write an introduction for both questions, and i couldnt finish the last paragraph. for the 3rd paper i wasted a lot of time planning, so I only had time to finish an introduction paragraph, 2 body paragraphs and a very unfinished, poor quality, and poorly structured 3rd paragraph.

im usually really good at writing things, so im very disappointed that one, super sucky exam is going to bring me down a lot.

how badly would this affect my grades? am i truly ruined? am i screwed? im fairly confident i did well on my coursework
Original post by CSs245698
Hello i had an eng lit exam today. i didnt do well on BOTH papers because for the 1st paper, i forgot i had to write an introduction for both questions, and i couldnt finish the last paragraph. for the 3rd paper i wasted a lot of time planning, so I only had time to finish an introduction paragraph, 2 body paragraphs and a very unfinished, poor quality, and poorly structured 3rd paragraph.
im usually really good at writing things, so im very disappointed that one, super sucky exam is going to bring me down a lot.
how badly would this affect my grades? am i truly ruined? am i screwed? im fairly confident i did well on my coursework

Take a deep breath. First of all the exam is over with, downt dwell on it otherwise it will affect your performance with other exams. Honestly, its totally normal to feel like you messed up on at least one exam. But remember eng lit is very subjective, so you dont know what mark you could get and I know people who have gotten grade 8s and 9s and they didnt complete a bunch of eng lit qs, its more about quality than quantity I think, especially at gcse level. Also introductions are not compulsary, like you dont have to do them I dont think... Stop catastrophising , it wont make you feel any better, my sincere advise to you is move on, its over and you wont know how well you have done until results come out and just cause u feel it went bad doesnt mean it did and feelings often mean you cant be objective. Ik im repeating this move on, you are not screwed, things will work out in the end, worst case scenario has happened to ppl and they have still achieved their dreams etc.Good luck on the rest of your exams :smile:

Quick Reply