The Student Room Group

FBLA Treasurer Speech

Hello everyone, if you aren’t already familiar with me my name is Julia Hardy and I am running for the position of treasurer.

My goal as treasurer is not just to save our money, but to make the most of every penny we have. As we can see last year we had problem raising enough funds to successfully allow every member to make it to competitions WITHOUT paying out of pocket.

To achieve this prosperous goal I acknowledge that we have to have many fundraising efforts planned ahead of time as well as backups. As we did last year I think we should do the popcorn fundraiser again as it can be shipped ALMOST anywhere, giving us more opportunities to sell. If we were to attempt any bake sales or the Eggs Up Grill fundraiser again we should have at-least two months to prepare to ensure tickets are sold in time and that enough are sold. Also that we have enough good quality products from members to sell at the bake sales. Collaboration with other businesses will also come of aid to us. If we do, let’s say, a fundraiser with eggs up grill we are promoting both our club and their business, creating mutualistic relationships between us.

I cannot ignore the issues we faced in the past year. From not having enough funds to successfully allow all members presence in competitions to us together as a club not selling enough tickets for our biggest fundraiser of the year. I aim to be the best possible candidate for this position by fixing these issues in the next year.

If elected I promise to make the financial health of out club my top priority by actively participating in budgeting processes, researching potential fundraising opportunities, and working toward making out club the best it possibly could be.

Moreover, I will work tirelessly to streamline our budgeting process, identifying cost-saving opportunities and reallocating resources to areas of greatest need. Through open communication and collaboration, we will build a stronger, more financially resilient FBLA chapter.

Finally, I’d like to thank you all for the opportunity to speak and your support. I hope we can all work together to make the best possible decisions for the future of our chapter. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by jojoreference
Hello everyone, if you aren’t already familiar with me my name is Julia Hardy and I am running for the position of treasurer.
My goal as treasurer is not just to save our money, but to make the most of every penny we have. As we can see last year we had problem raising enough funds to successfully allow every member to make it to competitions WITHOUT paying out of pocket.
To achieve this prosperous goal I acknowledge that we have to have many fundraising efforts planned ahead of time as well as backups. As we did last year I think we should do the popcorn fundraiser again as it can be shipped ALMOST anywhere, giving us more opportunities to sell. If we were to attempt any bake sales or the Eggs Up Grill fundraiser again we should have at-least two months to prepare to ensure tickets are sold in time and that enough are sold. Also that we have enough good quality products from members to sell at the bake sales. Collaboration with other businesses will also come of aid to us. If we do, let’s say, a fundraiser with eggs up grill we are promoting both our club and their business, creating mutualistic relationships between us.
I cannot ignore the issues we faced in the past year. From not having enough funds to successfully allow all members presence in competitions to us together as a club not selling enough tickets for our biggest fundraiser of the year. I aim to be the best possible candidate for this position by fixing these issues in the next year.
If elected I promise to make the financial health of out club my top priority by actively participating in budgeting processes, researching potential fundraising opportunities, and working toward making out club the best it possibly could be.
Moreover, I will work tirelessly to streamline our budgeting process, identifying cost-saving opportunities and reallocating resources to areas of greatest need. Through open communication and collaboration, we will build a stronger, more financially resilient FBLA chapter.
Finally, I’d like to thank you all for the opportunity to speak and your support. I hope we can all work together to make the best possible decisions for the future of our chapter. Thank you.

I would just like to know if this is a good speech to present tonight. :smile:

Quick Reply