The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

HELP PLEASE transfer undergraduate courses

I got a unconditional at the university of Edinburgh for pharmacology however I really don't want to do this course anymore. Is there any chance I can transfer courses ideally something law related. I got 4A1s and 1A2 at higher and I'm predicted 2A1s and 1A2. at advanced Highers. Would it be possible for me to transfer to a completely different course.
Original post by light yagami003
I got a unconditional at the university of Edinburgh for pharmacology however I really don't want to do this course anymore. Is there any chance I can transfer courses ideally something law related. I got 4A1s and 1A2 at higher and I'm predicted 2A1s and 1A2. at advanced Highers. Would it be possible for me to transfer to a completely different course.

Ask Edinburgh. Do you meet the law course requirements?They can't take your pharmacology offer away for asking.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by ageshallnot
Ask Edinburgh. Do you meet the law course requirements?They can't take your pharmacology offer away for asking.

i do meet all the minimum requirements but as its a drastic change im not sure if itll work
i do meet all the minimum requirements but as its a drastic change im not sure if itll work

I swapped from marketing to Law at Reading uni and it was fine. As long as u meet the entry requirements and there are vacancies their let you swap probably

Nothing to lose by asking. If they say no, then you can try Extra, clearing or a gap year if you want to change direction.
Original post by Carter03052
I swapped from marketing to Law at Reading uni and it was fine. As long as u meet the entry requirements and there are vacancies their let you swap probably

thats good to hear, who do u think i should contact and should i write up a new personal statement to attach on why i want to study law?
thats good to hear, who do u think i should contact and should i write up a new personal statement to attach on why i want to study law?

I emailed the admissions office and I didn’t write up a new personal statement but I did write a short paragraph on why I wanted to change and why I would enjoy Law a lot
I emailed the admissions office and I didn’t write up a new personal statement but I did write a short paragraph on why I wanted to change and why I would enjoy Law a lot

thank you thank you, may I ask what you wrote in why you wanted law

I do criminology which is quite a law related A-level, so I just said as I continued my a-level studies and I progressed further in the course, I learnt that I really enjoyed and had a passion for the law aspect of it, and I also mentioned this school trip I had where I went to a court. I still said that I found my old course interesting, but I found Law a lot more interesting and enjoyable so that I would make it seem like I didn’t just change my mind overnight if you see where I’m coming from?

I spoke to my teachers about this also, and at the end of the day (I know it sounds bad), but universities just want your money and they tend to be really flexible. That’s my teachers words not mine btw 😭🙏 - So you should be absolutely fine to swap courses
I spoke to my teachers about this also, and at the end of the day (I know it sounds bad), but universities just want your money and they tend to be really flexible. That’s my teachers words not mine btw 😭🙏 - So you should be absolutely fine to swap courses

Please do not 'promise' things which may not be possible. - and btw, the idea that all Unis will take anyone onto any degree course 'just for the money' is exceptionally naïve.
Original post by McGinger
Please do not 'promise' things which may not be possible. - and btw, the idea that all Unis will take anyone onto any degree course 'just for the money' is exceptionally naïve.

true it depends on spaces I suppose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending