The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Asking for a transfer

My mum wants me to transfer to uni of manchester from exeter due to a tough situation. I don't know if I can even get to UoM and I don't know who to contact. I don't wanna leave exe but my family is pressuring me.
Original post by Anonymous
My mum wants me to transfer to uni of manchester from exeter due to a tough situation. I don't know if I can even get to UoM and I don't know who to contact. I don't wanna leave exe but my family is pressuring me.

Is the "tough situation" something you are facing, and they're trying to help-out by suggesting the transfer? Or is the transfer to help them out?

To make a general enquiry about the process and viability of a transfer, I'd contact the Study Enquiries Team via [email protected]. You should tell them the course and year you're trying to transfer into.

It's also worth reading TSR's University Transfer FAQ.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Is the "tough situation" something you are facing, and they're trying to help-out by suggesting the transfer? Or is the transfer to help them out?
To make a general enquiry about the process and viability of a transfer, I'd contact the Study Enquiries Team via [email protected]. You should tell them the course and year you're trying to transfer into.
It's also worth reading TSR's University Transfer FAQ.
Yeah, it's something I faced whilst at Exeter uni (not caused directly by being at Exe uni) but I feel like the transfer is just another excuse to keep me close by. I don't have the best relationship with my family and I feel like staying in manchester would hold me back but everyone's against me moving.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, it's something I faced whilst at Exeter uni (not caused directly by being at Exe uni) but I feel like the transfer is just another excuse to keep me close by. I don't have the best relationship with my family and I feel like staying in manchester would hold me back but everyone's against me moving.

Then, if you're sure you want to stay in Exeter, then that's what you should do.

Just tell your family that you've looked into a transfer and it's not possible. (You may well find that's the case anyway.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending