The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Rigorous a level

Wanna go to Manchester uni to do pharmacy and says they need a third rigorous subject with chem and maths or bio and a rigorous third subject???
Reply 1
Original post by Brianstudy01
Wanna go to Manchester uni to do pharmacy and says they need a third rigorous subject with chem and maths or bio and a rigorous third subject???

It says on their website they don't accept general studies or critical thinking so I think any other A-level is considered a "rigorous" academic subject.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by myrz88
It says on their website they don't accept general studies or critical thinking so I think any other A-level is considered a "rigorous" academic subject.
So name what’s not allowed so I can see what is like is business studies allowed and idk if photography is or like media studies or graphics just name which aren’t so can see what to pick
Reply 3
They mean an 'academic subject' - ie. not something like Accountancy or Dance Studies.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
They mean an 'academic subject' - ie. not something like Accountancy or Dance Studies.

So I can’t even do criminology diploma as it’s not academic I think idk but does it count as academic subject I’m sure business does does academic mean like you have to write and learn contenr
Reply 5
Original post by brianstudy01
So name what’s not allowed so I can see what is like is business studies allowed and idk if photography is or like media studies or graphics just name which aren’t so can see what to pick

Criminology isnt even an A level - and no, it isnt a 'rigorous' subject.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Criminology isnt even an A level - and no, it isnt a 'rigorous' subject.
Btw so any a level counts than like even photography or graphics or business studies and also can you lmk if psychology a level is a stem subject or economics bc I’m confused some say it is and some say it isn’t?
Reply 7
Original post by Brianstudy01
Btw so any a level counts than like even photography or graphics or business studies and also can you lmk if psychology a level is a stem subject or economics bc I’m confused some say it is and some say it isn’t?

PHONE Manchester and ask them.

Quick Reply