The Student Room Group

Student finance identity evidence

I submitted my passport details 13 days ago and they still haven’t been verified despite saying on the website it takes “up to 5 days”. The deadline for student finance is in 2 days and this is worrying me I won’t make it. Is it normal for it to take this long and what does it mean if it takes beyond the deadline and I have to submit my application after
Original post by Neoliberalhell
I submitted my passport details 13 days ago and they still haven’t been verified despite saying on the website it takes “up to 5 days”. The deadline for student finance is in 2 days and this is worrying me I won’t make it. Is it normal for it to take this long and what does it mean if it takes beyond the deadline and I have to submit my application after

Hi there,

The guideline is for applying so if you have made an application you have done this. Regarding your ID do you hold a valid UK passport?

Thanks,
Claire
Thank you for replying. Yes, I submitted all the details from my passport on the third of May. The home page of my application says I still have actions to complete regarding my identity evidence. But after clicking through a couple menus and agreeing to the terms and conditions, it seems like my application has been sent? I’m very confused
Thank you for replying. Yes, I submitted all the details from my passport on the third of May. The home page of my application says I still have actions to complete regarding my identity evidence. But after clicking through a couple menus and agreeing to the terms and conditions, it seems like my application has been sent? I’m very confused

Hi there,

Did you get an email confirmation that the application was submitted? Can you view the status of your application?

Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
Did you get an email confirmation that the application was submitted? Can you view the status of your application?
Thanks, Ross

Yes I can and did receive an email titled “thanks for your application- here’s your next steps”. But on the website it also says application not submitted and you have actions to complete And that “provide your identity evidence” is not complete
Yes I can and did receive an email titled “thanks for your application- here’s your next steps”. But on the website it also says application not submitted and you have actions to complete And that “provide your identity evidence” is not complete

When I click through this section it brings me to a page that does say my application is submitted so I don’t know which is true

Okay, try and make a new application online. If your previous one was not fully submitted the system will prompt you to go back to it and submit it. Can you try this please?

Thanks, Ross
When I get the stage that asks what year I’m applying for on the new application it’s greyed out on 2024/25 and says you already have a student finance application for 2024/25. Does this mean it’s definitely submitted and the issue with identification is just a visual glitch?
When I get the stage that asks what year I’m applying for on the new application it’s greyed out on 2024/25 and says you already have a student finance application for 2024/25. Does this mean it’s definitely submitted and the issue with identification is just a visual glitch?

If it's greyed out then it's been submitted.

You can always contact us directly to ensure we have it and your ID. You can either access the live chat on your online account or by calling 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending