The Student Room Group

What can I do last minute for my maths gcse?

I have my Edexcel maths paper Tmr morning and was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice (I’m aiming for a 5/6) 🙂 any tips appreciated
Original post by Lucyfowler
I have my Edexcel maths paper Tmr morning and was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice (I’m aiming for a 5/6) 🙂 any tips appreciated

Hi there,
I would recommend you have a go through a past paper to plug any gaps, and go over topics you feel you will need to.
As for tomorrow, make sure to attempt every question, you may still pick up marks and that may even help you into the next grade boundary. Good luck, you're gonna smash it!
Original post by Lucyfowler

I would watch videos to go over any topics you need to recap last minute, and do a few questions but do not overdo and make sure to sleep early!
Go through some past papers, choosing questions on topics that you find difficult to answer. Do them, then use the mark scheme/worked solutions to find any areas that you're uncertain on.

Depending on what grade you're working at, prioritise certain sections of the paper (e.g. I'm a grade 9 student so I'm looking at the last handful of questions, particularly histograms, vectors and graphs).

Good luck for tomorrow, you'll do fine! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending