The Student Room Group

predicted grades.

Hiya, i just read on here that theres a way to obtain predicted grades from online tutors is this accurate? I left sixth form a year ago without sitting a levels and therefore i have no predicted grades. Is there anyway for me to obtain predicteds which i can use to apply to university next cycle?
Reply 1
Are you now retaking your A levels via an online provider?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Are you now retaking your A levels via an online provider?
im doing one this cycle and two next cycle (dont ask) but i need to find one to provide predicteds for the remaining two subjects so i can start uni in 2025 sep
Original post by AHAWA
im doing one this cycle and two next cycle (dont ask) but i need to find one to provide predicteds for the remaining two subjects so i can start uni in 2025 sep

Some online providers will give predicted grades, others charge you extra to do this, others just say no.
You need to contact your provider to find out exactly what their policy is about both predicted grades and a reference.

Where it is totally impossible - not, 'I couldnt be bothered to ask them' - Unis usually will still accept your application, but you must email/phone each Uni before you apply to find out what their attitude is.
Reply 4
Some online providers will give predicted grades, others charge you extra to do this, others just say no.
You need to contact your provider to find out exactly what their policy is about both predicted grades and a reference.
Where it is totally impossible - not, 'I couldnt be bothered to ask them' - Unis usually will still accept your application, but you must email/phone each Uni before you apply to find out what their attitude is.

ok, so do you think i could get some credible individual to give me predicteds like a tutor or something or does it have to be the centre where i will sit my exams?
Reply 5
Original post by AHAWA
Hiya, i just read on here that theres a way to obtain predicted grades from online tutors is this accurate? I left sixth form a year ago without sitting a levels and therefore i have no predicted grades. Is there anyway for me to obtain predicteds which i can use to apply to university next cycle?

YESS!! You can either ask your previous sixth form teachers to be a UCAS reference and predict your grades etc. or use an online tutor, who does a UCAS Reference, I’m planning to resit and get predicted grades through an online tutor, I’m paying £600 (£200 for each subject) although I’m sure there are cheaper alternatives and I’m sure teachers will not ask a fee
Reply 6
Original post by Thiyaxo
YESS!! You can either ask your previous sixth form teachers to be a UCAS reference and predict your grades etc. or use an online tutor, who does a UCAS Reference, I’m planning to resit and get predicted grades through an online tutor, I’m paying £600 (£200 for each subject) although I’m sure there are cheaper alternatives and I’m sure teachers will not ask a fee

ahhhhhh ok thank you so muchhhhh. I hope universities will find the predicteds credible. Also id be applying as mature student turning 21 next year so i dont know if that means anything. Mature students can apply with predicteds right?
Reply 7
Original post by Thiyaxo

additionally could you direct me to anywhere i can find a tutor of this sort?
Original post by AHAWA
ok, so do you think i could get some credible individual to give me predicteds like a tutor or something or does it have to be the centre where i will sit my exams?

It should be the person who is your current tutor with the online provider.
However, IF your last school is wiling to write the reference AND provide predicted grades (they have to do both), most Unis would accept that. Just be aware that not all schools will do this.
Original post by AHAWA

Whoever is 'teaching' you online.
Reply 10
Whoever is 'teaching' you online.

Ah just to be sure, so either go to former school to write you one or get a tutor to give you a ref and predicteds...thanks
Reply 11
Original post by AHAWA

They’re called Tutors & Futures & I don’t think you being a mature student matters at all :smile:)

Quick Reply