The Student Room Group

Math A-Level Resit

Help, I sat my math AS exams this past week (M1, P1, and P2), and if u sat these papers, you know how difficult they were. I'm not optimistic with my grades so I'm already preparing to resit. But math a level has already brought me so much stress, idk if I should resit and keep doing maths, or if i should just drop it to an AS and stick to my other 4 a levels (biology, psychology, sociology and Arabic). My university options are like forensic sciences, law or criminology or like maybe biological sciences and biomedical sciences so, should I keep it?
Original post by jmkat
Help, I sat my math AS exams this past week (M1, P1, and P2), and if u sat these papers, you know how difficult they were. I'm not optimistic with my grades so I'm already preparing to resit. But math a level has already brought me so much stress, idk if I should resit and keep doing maths, or if i should just drop it to an AS and stick to my other 4 a levels (biology, psychology, sociology and Arabic). My university options are like forensic sciences, law or criminology or like maybe biological sciences and biomedical sciences so, should I keep it?

If you are going into forensic sciences, chemistry should be your main A Level but you should be able to get away with biology alone. (If you look at pages such as the following, they would point you to a website like the following that shows you a list of accredited courses: https://www.csofs.org/quality-standards/accredited-course-search/)
Biological sciences and biomed tend to look for biology, but also chemistry. You might be able to get away with using psychology, but this is on a case by case basis.

Neither law or criminology will require specific subjects.

Whilst none of the degree subjects you mentioned require Maths, I don't think it would help your case not to have chemistry. Arabic and sociology don't really help you get into the above other than act as fillers for grade requirements.

To me, maths is one of the most required subjects for a large number of degrees. If you don't intend to go into the above subjects, it's a good subject to have to widen your options. If you are sticking to your choices however, it's not necessary but I strongly recommend taking up Chemistry A Level in its place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending