The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol university or UWE

i’ve got into both bristol of and UWE but i prefer the course at bristol UWE but i want to go to the main uni
has anyone got any opinions on which is better
Reply 1
Original post by harietdavyd
i’ve got into both bristol of and UWE but i prefer the course at bristol UWE but i want to go to the main uni

The University of Bristol (UOB) and the University of the West of England Bristol (UWE) are two separate universities. It's not correct to say that UOB (or UWE, for that matter) is the "main uni".

It sounds like you have offers to study at UOB and UWE.

You'll need to look at all the factors involved in your decision and weigh them up against each other. Your preference for which course to do is part of that, of course, but there may be other factors too.

What course are you looking to study?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by harietdavyd

Hi @harietdavyd
Thank you for applying to UWE Bristol and congratulations on your offers! 🙂 What course will you be studying?

I can only speak for UWE Bristol but we have three main campuses which are based across Bristol, depending on the course you're studying. Each campus has bespoke features, a students' union and many fun activities to join in with.

To get an idea of university life here at UWE Bristol, here is the link to our students' union page Home (thestudentsunion.co.uk). One of the best ways to get a feel for a university is to visit! It might be a good idea to organise a trip to both universities if you haven't already.

We have an open day coming up on the 8th June at UWE Bristol Undergraduate On Campus Open Day | UWE Bristol and would love to see you there!

If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

Courtney
Reply 3
Original post by UWE Official Rep
Hi @harietdavyd
Thank you for applying to UWE Bristol and congratulations on your offers! 🙂 What course will you be studying?
I can only speak for UWE Bristol but we have three main campuses which are based across Bristol, depending on the course you're studying. Each campus has bespoke features, a students' union and many fun activities to join in with.
To get an idea of university life here at UWE Bristol, here is the link to our students' union page Home (thestudentsunion.co.uk). One of the best ways to get a feel for a university is to visit! It might be a good idea to organise a trip to both universities if you haven't already.
We have an open day coming up on the 8th June at UWE Bristol Undergraduate On Campus Open Day | UWE Bristol and would love to see you there!
If I can help with anything else, please let me know.
Courtney

thank you!

Quick Reply