The Student Room Group

Accomodation struggle!!

So I just submitted my application for my 1st year accomodation at leeds uni for Carlton Hill. However, my dad would like me to choose an accomodation that is closer to the uni so I won't have to walk 12 minutes to uni (for Carlton Hill). I really had my heart set on Carlton Hill and I don't think personally that a 12 minute walk is too much but my dad says that I don't understand that it will be difficult when it rains, snows or when its windy.

My dad said that the money doesn't matter so I was thinking of either Cityside or Central Village instead but I really don't know what to do. I will be studying medicine (with a foundation year)

My dad is really set on me emailing the uni to change my uni accomodation option to one that it closer to the uni

Any advice would be highly appreciated
Original post by Idk131
So I just submitted my application for my 1st year accomodation at leeds uni for Carlton Hill. However, my dad would like me to choose an accomodation that is closer to the uni so I won't have to walk 12 minutes to uni (for Carlton Hill). I really had my heart set on Carlton Hill and I don't think personally that a 12 minute walk is too much but my dad says that I don't understand that it will be difficult when it rains, snows or when its windy.

My dad said that the money doesn't matter so I was thinking of either Cityside or Central Village instead but I really don't know what to do. I will be studying medicine (with a foundation year)

My dad is really set on me emailing the uni to change my uni accomodation option to one that it closer to the uni

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Who's going to uni? You or your dad? Exactly.

So who gets to decide on which accomodation you choose (budget permitting)?

Your dad's has his time. Now it's your turn.
Reply 2
12 minute walk isn't out of the ordinary.

Is he really concerned about the weather or is he worried about your safety and is disguising it via the weather?
Most uni accommodations are like a 12 minute walk, mine in september is. Maybe tell your dad that, otherwise you'll end up settling for an accommodation you don't really want. It is your decision at the end of the day.
(edited 1 month ago)
12 minutes isnt even that bad tbh !!! i also applied for carlton hill !!

if you walk fast enough, you could probably cut it down to 10 or 8 minutes. i'd recommend looking at the route from the accom to the uni on google maps. leeds is a super walkable city anyways !!! cityside and central village are the most popular and often over-subscribed as well so i'd say to stick with whatever decision you want to make !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending