The Student Room Group

A level tudor paper 23rd of may

any predictions on what this years question may be????
for henry vii
henry viii
mary/edward
elizabeth
Reply 1
heyy!
do you know what was asked in 2023?

for section A... i think it'll be something on mid-Tudors (Edward/Mary/Elizabeth)
for section B... possibly Elizabethan religion and Henry VIII economy. it's so hard to think of what might come up !!

last year i know there was a 25 marker on mid-Tudor crisis, and (not certain) Henry VII finance... there's been a lot of past questions on Elizabeth foreign policy + golden age, so i reckon religion is pretty likely ! i believe every aspect of Henry VII's reign has been asked... so i'm considering there might be a 25 marker comparing Henry VII and Henry VIII's governance?

take all of this with a grain of salt !! i'm just panicking and trying to see what everyone thinks lol 😙
Original post by penzels
heyy!
for section A... i think it'll be something on mid-Tudors (Edward/Mary/Elizabeth)
for section B... possibly Elizabethan religion and Henry VIII economy. it's so hard to think of what might come up !!
last year i know there was a 25 marker on mid-Tudor crisis, and (not certain) Henry VII finance... there's been a lot of past questions on Elizabeth foreign policy + golden age, so i reckon religion is pretty likely ! i believe every aspect of Henry VII's reign has been asked... so i'm considering there might be a 25 marker comparing Henry VII and Henry VIII's governance?
take all of this with a grain of salt !! i'm just panicking and trying to see what everyone thinks lol 😙

i agree with all of these, I also think potentially henry vii foreign policy or Elizabeth government/ministers
Reply 3
Original post by annonymous432
i agree with all of these, I also think potentially henry vii foreign policy or Elizabeth government/ministers

yess !!! factionalism under Elizabeth is such a big topic i feel ! an essay on how maintaining balance in her government (ie factionalism/religion) wouldn't be so bad 😅
Reply 4
How are you guys revising for history because I’m honestly panicking. I was in hospital for majority of the year, don’t have notes or flash cards and have only ever sat 1 mock which was last year in year 12 so you can imagine I’m feeling overwhelmed and a bit lost
Reply 5
Original post by penzels
heyy!

the break from Rome have not appeared yet so there could be a mixed question of factions as they haven't come up either.
for example the impact of Thomas Cromwell or Wolsey in religious reforms and you would have to discuss the break from rome. there would not be a factions question on Edward and Mary or king Henry vii because they wernt involved enough to have a whole essay or extract questions around them, unless it is asking about the whole tudor period and the factions influence. i have not a clue but this is what i was going over today with my history teacher and it might help :smile:

also the role of parliment, catholic and puritan threat, role of ministers and protectors under Edward Mary and Elizabeth, dealing with opposition beyond and including rebellions. HAVE NOT COME UP YET

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending