The Student Room Group

Student loan

Hello, I’m apply for the student loan and i have a few question.

I’m 22 years old so technically a dependent student, how do i inform the student loan of my parents income? They both live in Italy so they don’t work in the uk, do we put it as ‘income from overseas’?

Also as this is my second time enrolling in university, since i had to stop my studies do to medical reason(i did 1 and a half year before stopping), am i entitled for full student loan? What about the maintenance loan? (i have had the presettlement status for year now, again because of my medical condition, i had to go back to Italy o it was previously denied).

Furthermore since I’m doing a midwifery undergraduate course, would i be entitled for the NHS 5000 pounds grant? I read that you need both student loan AND the maintenance loan to be eligible, so is there a way i could do that?

Sorry for the wall text but I’ve tried to call the student loan number but they weren’t very clear about my situation.

Kind regards
(edited 2 months ago)
Hello, I’m apply for the student loan and i have a few question.
I’m 22 years old so technically a dependent student, how do i inform the student loan of my parents income? They both live in Italy so they don’t work in the uk, do we put it as ‘income from overseas’?
Also as this is my second time enrolling in university, since i had to stop my studies do to medical reason(i did 1 and a half year before stopping), am i entitled for full student loan? What about the maintenance loan? (i have had the presettlement status for year now, again because of my medical condition, i had to go back to Italy o it was previously denied).
Furthermore since I’m doing a midwifery undergraduate course, would i be entitled for the NHS 5000 pounds grant? I read that you need both student loan AND the maintenance loan to be eligible, so is there a way i could do that?
Sorry for the wall text but I’ve tried to call the student loan number but they weren’t very clear about my situation.
Kind regards

Hi there,

First of all, yes - your parents' income is classed as income from overseas, so that's what you should indicate.

Midwifery is an exception course so you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans regardless of your previous study.

When it comes to the NHS Learning Support fund we'd recommend asking the NHS about this directly: we don't have any say in regards to the grant.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply