The Student Room Group

Second Year Student Finance Application Help

Hi there,
I'm reapplying for second year uni student finance, but when doing my application, I have accidentally misspelt my mother's last name and got my father's first and surname mixed up. My concerns are:

Can this be solved by doing a PFF2 form for them both (or to make things easier, include both their details on the same PFF2 form) and uploading this to my account (might be worth mentioning, I cannot upload this on my father's account)

Would I have to include a cover letter, and if so, would I have to include a copy of any evidence

Can you name the examples of the evidence copies I should include, and can both their issues can be on the same letter, or would it have to be separate?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by gallifrey_doctor
Hi there,
I'm reapplying for second year uni student finance, but when doing my application, I have accidentally misspelt my mother's last name and got my father's first and surname mixed up. My concerns are:

Can this be solved by doing a PFF2 form for them both (or to make things easier, include both their details on the same PFF2 form) and uploading this to my account (might be worth mentioning, I cannot upload this on my father's account)

Would I have to include a cover letter, and if so, would I have to include a copy of any evidence

Can you name the examples of the evidence copies I should include, and can both their issues can be on the same letter, or would it have to be separate?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Hi there,

If the details provided by the student don’t match with their sponsor(s) e.g., middle name has been included or excluded, the sponsor may be unable to link to the student’s application online and land on the following page: We then advise getting them to do the PFF2 form instead. This can be digitally uploaded onto your account or their account and updates in an estimated 22 working days: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65afcca870218e000cb41f9a/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,
If the details provided by the student don’t match with their sponsor(s) e.g., middle name has been included or excluded, the sponsor may be unable to link to the student’s application online and land on the following page: We then advise getting them to do the PFF2 form instead. This can be digitally uploaded onto your account or their account and updates in an estimated 22 working days: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65afcca870218e000cb41f9a/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf Thanks, Jason

Hi there,
thanks for replying.

Would I need to include a cover letter as well and if so, do i need to upload any evidence as i mixed up my father's surname and first name on my application, and would passport copy be suitable?
Original post by gallifrey_doctor
Hi there,
thanks for replying.
Would I need to include a cover letter as well and if so, do i need to upload any evidence as i mixed up my father's surname and first name on my application, and would passport copy be suitable?

Hi there, your parents can upload a cover letter to their accounts requesting their name be corrected. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply