The Student Room Group

Arabic A level help

Hey everyone, I am thinking about taking an Arabic A level as an independent student. I am homeschooled and British but have been learning Egyptian Arabic in Egypt for the last few years so have some basic understanding.
I would primarily love some help knowing what exam board to use, so if anyone has any experience or recommendations would love some advice. I've mainly been looking so far at CIE, Edexcel and Edexcel international
Reply 1
Original post by Penguin_POW
Hey everyone, I am thinking about taking an Arabic A level as an independent student. I am homeschooled and British but have been learning Egyptian Arabic in Egypt for the last few years so have some basic understanding.
I would primarily love some help knowing what exam board to use, so if anyone has any experience or recommendations would love some advice. I've mainly been looking so far at CIE, Edexcel and Edexcel international

Hi, if you are in the Uk. You will probably do edexcel. Its a bit hard specially imborn and raised in iraq so i. Think do some practice past papers
Reply 2
Original post by Reta-308
Hi, if you are in the Uk. You will probably do edexcel. Its a bit hard specially imborn and raised in iraq so i. Think do some practice past papers

Hi, thank you for the response.
I'm currently based between Egypt and the UK but have options to sit exams in other countries if that would be better
Reply 3
Hi, thank you for the response.
I'm currently based between Egypt and the UK but have options to sit exams in other countries if that would be better

I’d say do it in the Uk, it will be a bit easier and you know how exams work
Reply 4
My only thoughts is the Edexcel IAL looks kind of easier.
And my sister's have taken exams in other countries, we are very used to international life.
Reply 5
Well what I think the best thing to do is get past papers from different exam boards and see which one seems easier to you
Reply 6
Original post by Reta-308
Well what I think the best thing to do is get past papers from different exam boards and see which one seems easier to you

Okay cool, will do, thanks, and do OCR and AQA have Arabic second language and are they even worth looking at?
Reply 7
Okay cool, will do, thanks, and do OCR and AQA have Arabic second language and are they even worth looking at?

OCR and AQA don’t do any Arabic. In the Uk its only Edexcel :smile:
Reply 8
And CIE as external? Or do they not have test centre for it?

Quick Reply