The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Warrender park road Edinburgh uni

hii please could anyone who has stayed here tell me a bit about the rooms/facilities etc?
Original post by Anonymous
hii please could anyone who has stayed here tell me a bit about the rooms/facilities etc?
Hi, current first year doing vet med here and I live at 108 WPR. (about to move out this Sunday!) Rooms are spacious enough but not massive, just enough to be cosy. Kitchens have plenty of space to cook/ prepare food/ store and there will be a cleaner every 2 weeks. The 'sofa' though is 5 dentist office's chairs pushed together haha. I live in a 5 person flat so there's 1 bathroom 1 shower room and 1 toilet room. There is a laundry room with two washers and two dryers shared between 102 and 108. (One of the dryers was broken for the longest time and it was a bit nightmarish but with 2 dryers I barely had any problems with laundry.)

There is a waitrose literally across the street, a sainsbury's about 5 minutes walk away, a tesco as well but thats about 15 minutes walk to morningside. The walk to the main campus is not terrible, and if you're a stem student there's a bus stop really close by that goes to King's. If you're keen on going out it's around 20 minutes to walk to Cowgate which is where the clubs are, and 30 minutes to the ones on Prince's street.

The RAs this year hosted so many events, we had free donuts, study sessions, pancakes, movie nights etc. The common room though is a 5 minute walk to Warrender Park Crescent which is the only downside.

All in all I quite like this accomm for the price I paid, but don't expect anything too fancy. I picked it because the location was good and it's one of the cheapest accoms. Also beware that a lot of your friends will be living on the East side of town, so Newington or South Bridge etc as that's where a lot of student accom is, and it will be around 20-30 minute's walk to get to those places. It's not a huge deal but just beware that WPR and WPC will be the only student accoms in the Marchmont area.

Hope this helps!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply