The Student Room Group

How to get Cardiff for nursing

Hii i am an year 12 student I reaawant to attend Cardiff for adult nursing I am currently getting grades like AAB ( bio, psychology, chem) and I am also doing Volunrtering in a hospital and by summer I will be working in a care home I really want get in there want more should I do and how can I prepare.
Thank you
Original post by Anna aska
Hii i am an year 12 student I reaawant to attend Cardiff for adult nursing I am currently getting grades like AAB ( bio, psychology, chem) and I am also doing Volunrtering in a hospital and by summer I will be working in a care home I really want get in there want more should I do and how can I prepare.
Thank you

What you are doing so far sounds great! Both your volunteering in a hospital and work in a care home will be able to give you an insight into the health and social care sector and provide you with an understanding of those kinds of roles. You can then include these experiences to demonstrate your understanding in your personal statement and at interview. We have a useful guide that can help you to structure your personal statement examples here (scroll to the bottom of the thread for the health specific tips for personal statements).

You could also watch some day in the life of a nurse videos on YouTube for more insight into the day to day expectations and roles a nurse has, and any virtual courses that will also provide a level of insight.
Springpod has some great resources you can use that also give you a certificate upon completion.

I would look into the professional standards for nursing by the Nursing and Midwifery Council as it is good to show understanding of these when applying for nursing. The same applies for the 6Cs of nursing.
Reply 2
Thank you so much
Original post by anna aska
Thank you

Hi there! You sound like you're doing loads, that's great! :smile:

Entry requirements are BBB at A-Level. The requirements at GCSE level are:

"English language or Welsh language at GCSE grade B/6 or an equivalent (such as A-levels). English Language GCSE C/4 will be accepted where you are taking qualifications at a higher level which are taught through the medium of English such as A-levels.
Four GCSEs at grade C/4 including Maths, and one science (from Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), or equivalent qualifications (subject and grade)."

This is all based on the nursing course site, which may change on a year by year basis, but just to give you a good idea!

The university also offers a few personal statement pointers to help when you are drafting it and has a personal statement planner if that helps! You can find this here.

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending