The Student Room Group

online exam tips

im studying biosciences at uni and i have a multiple choice exam online that is open book, i have been trying to make notes to help me during the test but there's too much information to get down and i don't know if they would be efficient enough, but at the same time i don't feel confident enough to condense my notes :frown: my exams are next week so im running out of time, i was wondering if anyone had any last minute tips or guidance about online multiple choice exams ! (it's quite long and worth a big chunk of my grade)
Original post by Anonymous
im studying biosciences at uni and i have a multiple choice exam online that is open book, i have been trying to make notes to help me during the test but there's too much information to get down and i don't know if they would be efficient enough, but at the same time i don't feel confident enough to condense my notes :frown: my exams are next week so im running out of time, i was wondering if anyone had any last minute tips or guidance about online multiple choice exams ! (it's quite long and worth a big chunk of my grade)
Since it’s open book, for the bits that you don’t remember and always forget, just add a post it note between that page with different colours, and a small note of what that page has on it- for example if I struggled with neurones and their structure, I’d just add a tab and put “neurone structures.” This makes it MUCH easier to find in the exam! Do this for anything you have noticed you forget! Also, FEEL CONFIDENT enough to condense your notes! One small mindset change is a huge difference! If you notice that the exam asks for anything extra, you can flip to that page and (since you already know the rest of the content), it will be easy to find what they are looking for. Highlight key words to make them easier to find and read!

By open book, do you mean that you can take your own notes, or that you can take the actual book itself? Sorry if my advice isn’t helpful :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by bobjeffandam
Since it’s open book, for the bits that you don’t remember and always forget, just add a post it note between that page with different colours, and a small note of what that page has on it- for example if I struggled with neurones and their structure, I’d just add a tab and put “neurone structures.” This makes it MUCH easier to find in the exam! Do this for anything you have noticed you forget! Also, FEEL CONFIDENT enough to condense your notes! One small mindset change is a huge difference! If you notice that the exam asks for anything extra, you can flip to that page and (since you already know the rest of the content), it will be easy to find what they are looking for. Highlight key words to make them easier to find and read!
By open book, do you mean that you can take your own notes, or that you can take the actual book itself? Sorry if my advice isn’t helpful :frown:

hello tysm for your reply 🙂 basically it's a remote exam so i can do it at home with all the notes i need, i was thinking of just using the search function for my online notes, i guess my biggest worry was they wouldn't be sufficient for the type of questions that might come up? i will just have to see in the exam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending