The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Accommodation

Hi, I'm an international student with a conditional offer to study Japanese in SOAS and I put it as my insurance option. I've been looking at how to apply for accommodation, but on their website it mentioned that they wont offer accommodation to those holding it as an insurance offer. Is there anything I can do or will I have to somehow manage to find somewhere to stay in August if I don't get my firm offer?
Original post by fsraavm
Hi, I'm an international student with a conditional offer to study Japanese in SOAS and I put it as my insurance option. I've been looking at how to apply for accommodation, but on their website it mentioned that they wont offer accommodation to those holding it as an insurance offer. Is there anything I can do or will I have to somehow manage to find somewhere to stay in August if I don't get my firm offer?

Hi, congrats on your offers! Yes so as SOAS is a small university we only have one halls of residence for only SOAS students, due to this you can only reserve accommodation if you have a firm offer. But don't worry! As SOAS is part of the University of London, there are several University of London halls available as well as lots of private providers all across London.
My advice would be to look at the other halls and private providers to get an idea of what's on offer via the University of London housing service: https://housing.london.ac.uk/
Also you can email the SOAS accommodation team at: [email protected] and they can give some more tailored advice.

Hope this helps!
Caera, Final year BA Japanese and International Relations
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending