The Student Room Group

is this a form sexual misconduct?

i dont really know how to feel about this and thought i'd ask for opinions. since me and my ex became official he would ask to have sex every time we were together. i said no and explained my reasons every time but he just kept asking until I gave in 3 months later. i don't feel like it was the right decision and I had the chance to say no but went though with it because I felt like I owed him because I kept saying no before. i just feel really dirty about it all. opinions please?
Original post by anonymous
i dont really know how to feel about this and thought i'd ask for opinions. since me and my ex became official he would ask to have sex every time we were together. i said no and explained my reasons every time but he just kept asking until I gave in 3 months later. i don't feel like it was the right decision and I had the chance to say no but went though with it because I felt like I owed him because I kept saying no before. i just feel really dirty about it all. opinions please?

A bad choice and everyone makes those once in a while. Dont beat yourself up about it, BUT it does show HIM in a very bad light as HE is the one entirely morally in the wrong. If you said no at anytime and he carried on ,THEN it may well be sexual assault/rape. Once you have said "no" and he carried on then that could leave him on shaky ground.

I could also suggest therapy/Hypnotherapy if you suffer because of it.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by anonymouse2024
A bad choice and everyone makes those once in a while. Dont beat yourself up about it, BUT it does show HIM in a very bad light as HE is the one entirely morally in the wrong. If you said no at anytime and he carried on ,THEN it may well be sexual assault/rape. Once you have said "no" and he carried on then that could leave him on shaky ground.
I could also suggest therapy/Hypnotherapy if you suffer because of it.

Thank you. I thought maybe I was overreacting for being upset about it.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you. I thought maybe I was overreacting for being upset about it.

No ,you were NOT overreacting at all. Everyone reacts differently to things, and from what you say you are perfectly right to feel the way you do. As I say though, if it gets too much emotionally then seek therapy rather than "carry it with you".
take care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending