The Student Room Group

math paper 1 edexcel

did horrendously, honestly think i got around 30/80 for the higher edexcel gcse math paper 1 and i need a 7

is getting a 7 still possible for paper 2 and 3
Reply 1
bro same it’s so over for me i need an 8 for a level and i barely scrapped for half marks 💀 edexcel is such a bad exam board even the english lit 1 question was bad about the relationship between macduff and macbeth 🙏🏼🙏🏼 they’re genuinely setting us up for failure
Original post by s1enn5
did horrendously, honestly think i got around 30/80 for the higher edexcel gcse math paper 1 and i need a 7

SAME I RLLY FLOPPED THIS EXAM but i think if we do good in paper 2 and 3 we can make up for the marks
I did basically the same on the exam but I found that last years grade boundary for a grade 7 higher maths was 145/240 so if you think you got around 30marks for paper 1 it is still possible to get a grade 7 (from last years grade boundaries)!

so you’ll need to aim for 115 marks over the next two papers - so around 58marks for paper 2 and 58marks for paper 3.

It will be hard (I’m having the same issue) but I believe it is still very possible and just practice as many past papers as possible to find the patterns in the papers (like questions they like to ask and how they word questions) and what you struggle with the most (and work on that) so with the other two papers hopefully go much better.
Good luck I think it will be hard but possible! (Remember grade boundaries vary so if you struggled and I did then there will be others too so don’t worry too much; and if the other two papers are hard remember grade boundaries reflect that and may lower) :smile:)
Kareem and his jars went crazy 💀
Original post by s1enn5

i think that you'll need around around mid 50s on the next paper to get a 7 overall based off of last years grade boundaries , but since that maths paper was rlly hard im sure the grade boundaries will be much lower
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply