The Student Room Group

Psychology paper 1 HELP

Can I use mundane realism instead of ecological validity, like do they mean the same thing
Mundane realism generally refers to tasks; so for example you could say that in Milgram/Burger’s study the tasks had low mundane realism as they are not tasks which would ordinarily be carried out in everyday life. Ecological validity is more of a broad term - think about the environment, the type of experiment. Usually I go for low ecological validity when the study involves a lab experiment, and high for field experiments. Good luck! (I’m screwed for biological and LTs lol).
Reply 2
Original post by natashaemillie
Mundane realism generally refers to tasks; so for example you could say that in Milgram/Burger’s study the tasks had low mundane realism as they are not tasks which would ordinarily be carried out in everyday life. Ecological validity is more of a broad term - think about the environment, the type of experiment. Usually I go for low ecological validity when the study involves a lab experiment, and high for field experiments. Good luck! (I’m screwed for biological and LTs lol).

omg thank u sm xxx
so stressed for tmrw
Original post by ly2021
omg thank u sm xxx
so stressed for tmrw

You’re more than welcome! xx
And me too - pulling an all nighter as we speak so hopefully I go into the exam at least knowing how to do a singular statistical test 🤣 You’ll be fine, promise xx
Original post by natashaemillie
You’re more than welcome! xx
And me too - pulling an all nighter as we speak so hopefully I go into the exam at least knowing how to do a singular statistical test 🤣 You’ll be fine, promise xx

Good luck girl /boy (sorry don’t want to assume gender ) hopefully you get some sleep let me know how the exam goes !
Original post by ly2021
omg thank u sm xxx
so stressed for tmrw

Good luck don’t be stressed it will be better than you expect ! Let me know after how it goes I was very stressed too but I am going to try my best and so should you! Have a great sleep
Original post by Smart282
Good luck don’t be stressed it will be better than you expect ! Let me know after how it goes I was very stressed too but I am going to try my best and so should you! Have a great sleep
How can sleep be great when the real alevel exam is tomorrow 😭😭
Good luck 🤞
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
How can sleep be great when the real alevel exam is tomorrow 😭😭
Good luck 🤞

How was it ??
Reply 8
How was it ??

im a resit, and i found it alot better than last years paper.
BUTTT for social influence the question on obedience idk if i didnt state much after looking at what others said they answered, i just spoke about legitimacy of authority and social support.

AND what did u get for the mcq on ocd
How was it ??
Idek at this point I have read so many different answers on the exam chat I am not sure at all 😭
How did yours go?
Original post by ly2021
im a resit, and i found it alot better than last years paper.
BUTTT for social influence the question on obedience idk if i didnt state much after looking at what others said they answered, i just spoke about legitimacy of authority and social support.
AND what did u get for the mcq on ocd

I put obsessive thinking (can’t remember how it was phrased) and insight into anxiety - apparently thats not correct?!
What did you get?
Reply 11
I put obsessive thinking (can’t remember how it was phrased) and insight into anxiety - apparently thats not correct?!
What did you get?

i got low mood and insight into anxiety
Original post by ly2021
i got low mood and insight into anxiety

It was emotional characteristic right?
Reply 13
It was emotional characteristic right?
yes it was

Quick Reply