The Student Room Group

CIE GCSE Geography Paper 2 16th May AM

Most of paper was alright tbh apart from the multiple choice ones which were too confusing and the last question about too much taking water from groundwater

for multiple choice ones I put that the junction caused settlement to grow and the mining did NOT help settlement to grow

for the last one I waffled and put like damages habitats and causes infertile dry soils but I dunno
Reply 1
found this online:

What are the effects of excessive ground water withdrawal?
Some consequences of aquifer depletion include: Lower lake levels or—in extreme cases—intermittent or totally dry perennial streams. These effects can harm aquatic and riparian plants and animals that depend on regular surface flows. Land subsidence and sinkhole formation in areas of heavy withdrawal.
Original post by ymoose
Most of paper was alright tbh apart from the multiple choice ones which were too confusing and the last question about too much taking water from groundwater
for multiple choice ones I put that the junction caused settlement to grow and the mining did NOT help settlement to grow
for the last one I waffled and put like damages habitats and causes infertile dry soils but I dunno

how did you describe the houses?
Reply 3
Original post by TobyWalton3
how did you describe the houses?

i put like linear in straight line on a slope a few dispersed on the steep slopes of the cliff
oh yh I put that the houses are along a road and there's farmland between them
and the houses some were detached but most semi detached or terraced

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending