The Student Room Group

When is the deadline for returning (2nd year) students?

As the title says and also what is a pr2 form, the student finance team I emailed said to do this but I don't know what this is.
Original post by gtt21
As the title says and also what is a pr2 form, the student finance team I emailed said to do this but I don't know what this is.

Hi there, You have 9 months from the start of your academic year to apply for the funding. The soft 'deadline' is to ensure funding is in place prior to the start of your course as applications can take 8 weeks to process (or more depending on if further evidence is needed), so we advise doing this as soon as possible to avoid delays. The PR2 form is the form completed by your parents to confirm their actual earnings for the 23/24 tax year. If you get them to check their emails for this form and upload this accordingly to us.
Thanks, Jason
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, You have 9 months from the start of your academic year to apply for the funding. The soft 'deadline' is to ensure funding is in place prior to the start of your course as applications can take 8 weeks to process (or more depending on if further evidence is needed), so we advise doing this as soon as possible to avoid delays. The PR2 form is the form completed by your parents to confirm their actual earnings for the 23/24 tax year. If you get them to check their emails for this form and upload this accordingly to us.
Thanks, Jason

Thanks. So not june 21st? Also my parents haven't been sent any email yet on the pr2 form, I'm not sure where to find it.
Original post by GTT21
Thanks. So not june 21st? Also my parents haven't been sent any email yet on the pr2 form, I'm not sure where to find it.

Hi,

You should still aim to submit the application prior to 21/6 so we can have everything approved in time. To obtain the PR2 please contact us directly and an advisor will be able to send one out. You can access the live chat online or call 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Ross
Original post by GTT21

Hi there,

If you want your finance in time for start your course we advise to apply before 21/06 for continuing students. If your parent hasn't receive the PR2 Form they will need to contact us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
If you want your finance in time for start your course we advise to apply before 21/06 for continuing students. If your parent hasn't receive the PR2 Form they will need to contact us on 0300 100 0607.
Thanks,
Claire

Okay thanks!
Original post by GTT21
Okay thanks!

You're welcome. Any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross
Reply 7
Original post by Ross SLC
You're welcome. Any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Actually I do have one more question. I'm currently helping my dad (retired last April 2023) out with the PR2 form and are stuck at the state retirement pension bit. When we completed the CFE form last year, we estimated using the state retirement letter he recieved. We currently can't find this document and are unsure what to put in the state retirement pension bit. What should we do? Would you check with HRMC anyways to find is state pension? Many thanks.
Original post by GTT21
Actually I do have one more question. I'm currently helping my dad (retired last April 2023) out with the PR2 form and are stuck at the state retirement pension bit. When we completed the CFE form last year, we estimated using the state retirement letter he recieved. We currently can't find this document and are unsure what to put in the state retirement pension bit. What should we do? Would you check with HRMC anyways to find is state pension? Many thanks.

Hi,

We would need the confirmed figures. I advise to look for the document or request a new one.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 9
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi,
We would need the confirmed figures. I advise to look for the document or request a new one.
Thanks, Ross

I managed to find a document that contains the state pension in it, that should be fine right?
Original post by GTT21
I managed to find a document that contains the state pension in it, that should be fine right?

Hi there,

Yes, that's right - if the assessors need anything clarified they'll e-mail your Dad directly, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending