The Student Room Group

Panicking about chemistry exam tomorrow

I feel like I know nothing and I am stressing. My target grade is an A but I only managed a C in the mock exams and I am worried I haven't improved since. I'm currently going over notes and booklets as there is not much else I can do at this point lol.
Reply 1
1) Any exam questions you can fit in (idk how long you're going to spend but you could try a load of MCQs or pick a few calculation questions and then a few longer questions) before tomorrow morning could be really useful, even if you cover fewer topics than you would've done just going over notes.
2) In the exam tomorrow, remember that if you're in doubt, calculate moles (mass = Mr. moles!) as that could get you a couple marks even if you don't know how to approach the question.

I feel like you know more than you think, and remember that the best thing you can do tomorrow is give it your best shot. Trust me, I know it may be frustrating feeling like you are not close to the top grades, but things will work out in the end, whether you reach that A or not. But please don't worry too much about this now, just focus on tomorrow (and then each exam as it comes).

Good luck and I hope you get what you're aiming for!
Reply 2
Original post by simxne_
1) Any exam questions you can fit in (idk how long you're going to spend but you could try a load of MCQs or pick a few calculation questions and then a few longer questions) before tomorrow morning could be really useful, even if you cover fewer topics than you would've done just going over notes.
2) In the exam tomorrow, remember that if you're in doubt, calculate moles (mass = Mr. moles!) as that could get you a couple marks even if you don't know how to approach the question.
I feel like you know more than you think, and remember that the best thing you can do tomorrow is give it your best shot. Trust me, I know it may be frustrating feeling like you are not close to the top grades, but things will work out in the end, whether you reach that A or not. But please don't worry too much about this now, just focus on tomorrow (and then each exam as it comes).
Good luck and I hope you get what you're aiming for!

thank you :smile:
Original post by lil050820
I feel like I know nothing and I am stressing. My target grade is an A but I only managed a C in the mock exams and I am worried I haven't improved since. I'm currently going over notes and booklets as there is not much else I can do at this point lol.

Dude in all honesty you’ll be fine. Before all my other exams I forgot everything but it all came back in the hall. Also just know I’m absolutely failing it so grade boundaries will be lowered just a tiny bit if it makes you feel any better😭
Reply 4

It's tomorrow at the end of the day. Get some sleep, half the answers are in the question and really really focus on just using common sense when you get stuck. A lot of science is common sense, its facts so you might be able to decipher questions you don't know. If you don't know something, leave it and come back. Check over your papers, re-read questions and double check any math questions. It'll be ok. Go to sleep, your brain needs its rest. I have now left school after doing my A Levels, but I cried the night before my Chemistry GCSE freaking out and it turned out alright. Just get some sleep and give it your best go, it's not the end of the world if you don't get that A anyway. Like you said, not much else you can do, just give it your best!! Good luck 💝
Reply 5
Original post by user10708
Dude in all honesty you’ll be fine. Before all my other exams I forgot everything but it all came back in the hall. Also just know I’m absolutely failing it so grade boundaries will be lowered just a tiny bit if it makes you feel any better😭

lmao thank you
Reply 6
Original post by siennar
It's tomorrow at the end of the day. Get some sleep, half the answers are in the question and really really focus on just using common sense when you get stuck. A lot of science is common sense, its facts so you might be able to decipher questions you don't know. If you don't know something, leave it and come back. Check over your papers, re-read questions and double check any math questions. It'll be ok. Go to sleep, your brain needs its rest. I have now left school after doing my A Levels, but I cried the night before my Chemistry GCSE freaking out and it turned out alright. Just get some sleep and give it your best go, it's not the end of the world if you don't get that A anyway. Like you said, not much else you can do, just give it your best!! Good luck 💝

thank you so much :heart:
Reply 7
ok update

it actually went really well! thank you for giving me a bit of a confidence boost lol :heart:
Reply 8
ok update
it actually went really well! thank you for giving me a bit of a confidence boost lol :heart:

yayyy!! well done 💗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending