The Student Room Group

Do you get any choice in your personal tutor at uni?

I'm currently year 13 and I've heard some bad things about the staff at my chosen uni (about how they treat students). I am worried about ending up with one of these people as my personal tutor. Obviously it could just be rumours, but if I went to uni and my tutor was nasty to me, is it easy to switch to another one or is that not allowed? If it's relevant I'm diagnosed with trauma and anxiety which is why I struggle with mean people, and the uni knows this
Reply 1
*I've heard bad things about a few of the staff, not all of them, incase that was unclear
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently year 13 and I've heard some bad things about the staff at my chosen uni (about how they treat students). I am worried about ending up with one of these people as my personal tutor. Obviously it could just be rumours, but if I went to uni and my tutor was nasty to me, is it easy to switch to another one or is that not allowed? If it's relevant I'm diagnosed with trauma and anxiety which is why I struggle with mean people, and the uni knows this

hiya! could you say what uni this is? I left school last year so have seen what most unis across UK are like through friends so might be able to let you know what its like.
No, at all the unis I've been at the personal tutor is assigned. At my current uni because it's a very small course, the entire cohort has the same personal tutor each year.

Quick Reply