The Student Room Group

SQA Grade Boundaries

Will grade boundaries increase or lower this year compared to 2023? I read that A levels boundaries will return to pre-pandemic so I was wondering if they will do the same with Scottish Highers. Tbh the Higher Human Biology boundaries should be lowered paper 2 was like 99% problem solving 1% actual human biology.
grade boundaries usually depend on how scotland as a whole does. so the lowest of the top 30% of students sitting that exam will be the boundary for an a, lowest of top 40% will be the boundary for a b and so on, so we wont know until everything has been marked. if we collectively do badly, the boundaries are likely to be lowered. wishing you all the best for your higher results!!
Original post by Jordan James
Will grade boundaries increase or lower this year compared to 2023? I read that A levels boundaries will return to pre-pandemic so I was wondering if they will do the same with Scottish Highers. Tbh the Higher Human Biology boundaries should be lowered paper 2 was like 99% problem solving 1% actual human biology.

all my teachers this year are saying that the boundaries are gonna be lowered this year for the sqa because of the fact they assignments, pre-covid back and that because pupil attendance is so low , they all think it will be lowered across all subjects.
Reply 3
Original post by natasha wilson
all my teachers this year are saying that the boundaries are gonna be lowered this year for the sqa because of the fact they assignments, pre-covid back and that because pupil attendance is so low , they all think it will be lowered across all subjects.

that's great

Quick Reply