The Student Room Group

Nursing (MH) - which uni (John Moores, Chester, Edge hill, Queens) would you choose?

Between Chester, John Moores, Edge Hill and Queens (Belfast), which would you choose? I realise that nursing is the same course everywhere, so I’m enquiring more about placements, term dates/holidays, teaching support etc.

John moores is the best location for me.

With Queen’s beings logistically more difficult choice for me, I’m hesitant to choose queens unless it significantly is a better uni with better placements.
(edited 1 month ago)
E-mail each of the uni departments and ask for a copy of this year's timetable, placement locations and how they are allocated. :smile:
Original post by clogrove88
Between Chester, John Moores, Edge Hill and Queens (Belfast), which would you choose? I realise that nursing is the same course everywhere, so I’m enquiring more about placements, term dates/holidays, teaching support etc.
John moores is the best location for me.
With Queen’s beings logistically more difficult choice for me, I’m hesitant to choose queens unless it significantly is a better uni with better placements.

Hi!

The support at LJMU is absolutely amazing, I’ve used a myriad of it, from health and wellbeing, to student finance, to the disability team. Everyone seems to bend over backwards to help you and if they can’t provide you with the appropriate service they’ll signpost you to somewhere that can.

At LJMU we currently have 4 placements per year ranging from 4 to 10 weeks, and can be a mixture of surgical, medical, community etc., placement begins around 3-4 months after beginning the course and we have clear set blocks of theory and then placements

In terms of holidays, this varies each year, but we tend to get some time off in the summer, Christmas and around Easter, we get approximately 7 weeks off per year (which is standard for nursing courses)

The staff are genuinely so lovely, and it’s such a lovely atmosphere

Nat
Third-year student nurse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending