The Student Room Group

Why don’t girls own up to farts?

I was in a car with some friends, one of whom was a girl. Someone dropped one. Definitely wasn’t one of the guys as they’d proudly own it. Girl goes bright red - definitely her. I’m like “Oh god Emily that was you wasn’t it?”. She continues to deny while going redder. Is it because they have to maintain an air of feminine mystery lol?
Reply 1
Girls don’t fart though
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Girls don’t fart though

I thought that until I was about 16.
I am a girl and I proudly own up to my farts but most girls won't own up to it because we are not supposed to fart as it is unladylike.
Original post by sweating-hart
I am a girl and I proudly own up to my farts but most girls won't own up to it because we are not supposed to fart as it is unladylike.

Damn that seems boring as hell
Original post by incisive-trooper
Damn that seems boring as hell

It is boring and hard to hold in a fart, most times when I fart I don't care what people think of me. I just say excuse me and keep going about my day.
Yeah it’s because a lot of women used to get judged for it and I think the stigma is still slightly around today. I’m a lot more relaxed with it now than I used to be, but I used to be scared as well. It’s the same awkwardness as having a number 2 at a friend house I suppose.
Original post by Joe1178
I was in a car with some friends, one of whom was a girl. Someone dropped one. Definitely wasn’t one of the guys as they’d proudly own it. Girl goes bright red - definitely her. I’m like “Oh god Emily that was you wasn’t it?”. She continues to deny while going redder. Is it because they have to maintain an air of feminine mystery lol?
bc most girls find it embarrassing to owning up to it bc farting is disgusting, nothing to do with feminine mystery lol
Original post by Joe1178

What are you talking about, only boys do that
Reply 9
My girlfriend will NEVER fart in front of anyone, she makes me leave the room in person and mutes herself for a good minute when we're on call 😭 Have no idea why, I think it's because it makes them feel uncomfortable and / or unladylike?
Original post by xAspect
My girlfriend will NEVER fart in front of anyone, she makes me leave the room in person and mutes herself for a good minute when we're on call 😭 Have no idea why, I think it's because it makes them feel uncomfortable and / or unladylike?
Girls don't own up because it's not true

Quick Reply