The Student Room Group

Hotel Check in age?

Hello,

I am trying to plan a weekend trip with my friends this June, we are all 17. How likely is it that we will be asked for id at check in?

Original post by comparative-fire
Hello,
I am trying to plan a weekend trip with my friends this June, we are all 17. How likely is it that we will be asked for id at check in?

Likely
Reply 2
Original post by comparative-fire
Hello,

It doesn't really matter how likely it is -- the question is what will you do if they do ask and they turn you away.
You must have an adult with you if you are under 18, so it is likely you’ll be turned away without a refund. Hotels always want a form of ID to prove that it’s you that booked etc. I’m a regular at hotels and have to do this frequently. You’d be better off waiting a year or doing an air bnb.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by greentiger
You must have an adult with you if you are under 18, so it is likely you’ll be turned away without a refund. Hotels always want a form of ID to prove that it’s you that booked etc. I’m a regular at hotels and have to do this frequently. You’d be better off waiting a year or doing an air bnb.

yeah probably, thank you so much!

Quick Reply