The Student Room Group

Aqa eng lit power and conflict pls answer asapp

I dont think it would be useful to revise all poems so which poem should I deffo revise. I heard people are gonna revise like 6 poems but i need to know the best poems that i can revise!!!
Also pls tell me ur predictions for poems
Reply 1
Original post by krey
I dont think it would be useful to revise all poems so which poem should I deffo revise. I heard people are gonna revise like 6 poems but i need to know the best poems that i can revise!!!

Hiii! I’m not sure about predictions but for picking 4-6 poems you want to know well I would say to try pick some that cover all the themes that way you will be able to compare them to a lot of the poems. You can search up on google Power and conflict theme grids like this one IMG_1907.png There are quite a few out there so you can pick which ever seems best and hopefully that should guide you into what poems you may learn and what themes it covers! I hope this helps a bit :biggrin:
Original post by krey

My favourites are Ozymandias, London, Exposure, and Checking out me history. I'm also planning to get really in-depth with Kamikaze. These poems cover all different kinds of power, and have a mixed bag for different experiences as well as a couple war poems. That's just preference though and I'd recommend you watch a youtube like mr salles or mreverythingenglish as they have videos covering this.
You should definitely revise all the poems, even if it’s spending 5-10 minutes per poem, just in case a random poem comes up. My list would probably be:
Ozymandias
London
Exposure
COTLB
Remains
Kamikaze
It covers pretty much all of the themes such as nature, identity, war etc.
Reply 4
Original post by krey
While it is of course important to have a good spread with your poems, I'd definitely recommend picking the ones that you enjoy the most (which is why I don't think there are 'best' poems). That way, those you choose to learn in depth will be both easier to remember and easier to compare, since you'll likely understand conceptual ideas better for those. Ultimately, you have quite a bit of freedom in terms of what to compare the poem that comes up with: sometimes especially interesting/fruitful explorations might come from a less conventional second poem choice (as long as it's not super implausible, which it rarely is). At least, that's my experience - hopefully it's somewhat helpful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending